Help with regular expression please

KiwiBrian

I wish to delete a comment that has been inserted into a large number of
html files.
Every example has the normal leading and trailing comment characters and the
first word in the text string is the same in every example and does not
occur in other comments.
So far so good.
But the rest of the text characters refer to a date and time that can vary,
and the html filename, which of course is different in every case.
As I am not a programmer I am having trouble understanding the explanation
given in the help for the Search and Replace programs that I have.
Is there a standard method for defining the following simplified example:-
<!-- Rhubarb (a variable text string) -->
that is likely to be what my S and R programs might be looking for, or is
every program different?

I hope that my description is unambiguous.
TIA
Brian Tozer

C A Upsdell

KiwiBrian said:
[...]

Something like:

\<!-- Rhubarb.*--\>

(the '\' characters are to escape the '<' and '>' characters, which
often have special meanings in regular expressions.)