Help with traversing an XML structure

Michaelp

Hello!

I have a large number of huge XML-documents that I need to do things
with relatively fast.

I am trying to use the package XML::CompactTree::XS to interact with
the (relatively simple) XML-structurem of these documents.

(see a fragment here: http://inex.hio.no/~michaelp/test.xml )

The package parses a tree.

$reader = XML::LibXML::Reader->new(location => $url);
$tree = XML::CompactTree::XS::readSubtreeToPerl($reader );

Prettyprinting this tree with the aid of a data dumper, I get the
following:
print Data::Dumper->Dump($tree);

$VAR1 = 9;
$VAR2 = 'UTF-8';