Help with unusual ASP.NET 2.0 compile error

Justin Martin

Hi,

I started getting this error on one of my sites last night which has been
compiling fine for months.

The type 'WB.DAL.StoreD' exists in both
'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\wbii\d8948d5c\81f7d686\assembly\dl3\2190baf2\d39f03e9_0e15c601\WBII_deploy.DLL'
and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\wbii\d8948d5c\81f7d686\App_Code.lrvv22n4.dll'

I cleaned up the temporary directories to no avail. Does anyone have any
ideas?

thanks

justin

Guest

Oh wonderful one! See it many times, make sure you delete all DLLs from the
bin directory before you add the new ones, sort that directory by date and
you'll see what I mean. There are 2 dlls with different names in different
times with the same code.

Al

Justin Martin

Thanks Albert,

I had been clearing the Temp directory but found another one elsewhere that
caused it... You'd think that the error message could be worded a bit more
friendlier.

justin

Guest

Where was the other file? No matter what I do, the damn DLL that I want to
have deleted keeps coming back when I try to build the website. It's
extremely frustrating!