Help!

Johanna Ferrer

Hi i want install Ruby on Rails in Windows XP but i have a problem: I have=
install in my pc Ruby 1.8.6-26 Final Release but when i try to install rai=
ls with this command: gem install rails --include-dependencies the follow=
ing error apears: Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforg=
e.org and i need install it cause i want to do my thesis in ruby so please =
help me solve it! Sorry for my english i'm a latin girl! =20

Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!=20

Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!=20
Discover the new Windows Vista
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=3Dwindows+vista&mkt=3Den-US&form=3DQBR=
E=

Trans

Hi i want install Ruby on Rails in Windows XP but i have a problem: =A0I =
have install in my pc Ruby 1.8.6-26 Final Release but when i try to install=
rails with this command: =A0gem install rails --include-dependencies =A0th=
e following error apears: =A0Bulk updating Gem source index for:http://gems=
rubyforge.organd i need install it cause i want to do my thesis in ruby so=
please help me solve it! Sorry for my english i'm a latin girl! =A0

Is that an error? It may take a bit of time to finish the bulk update,
but then it should install. Is it doing something else after it says
that?

T.

Bill Walton

Hi Johanna,

Johanna said:
i need install it cause i want to do my thesis in ruby
so please help me solve it! Sorry for my english i'm
a latin girl!

The simplest solution to your problem would be to use Instant Rails. Just
stop the servers and use the IR manager to open a console window and you'll
have Ruby at your fingertips.

Best regards,
Bill