Hi... help me plzzzzzzzzz

Tom Joseph

Hi all...
I am Tom.
I am new to this community of asp.net enthusiasts.

At this point of time, I am in trouble.
I am facing an issue.
I am sending you this issue in the belief that you would be helping
me in rectifying that(If you dont mind)...

I use Visual studio.net enterprise architect and I am working on
ASP.Net-C#.Net combination at the moment.
The issue is when I try to create a new project or open an existing
project, an error is coming up.
The exact message is mentioned as follows:
"Unable to open Web project WebApplication1. The file path
'C:\inetpub\wwwrootWebapplication1' does not correspond to the url
'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. The two need to map to the same
server location. Http error 425: Http error"

This error started coming very suddenly. Just a moment before, I was
working on an application. I just made some changes to the code and
then tried to run. Then started this issue.

I would be grate ful to you if anyone could help me resolving this
issue.

Thank you in advance.
Thanks again for your time and consideration.

regards

Rajesh Joseph

Tom Joseph

Hi...
thnxxx 4 ur reply.
Yes. VS.Net and IIS are on the same server only...
awaiting your reply soon

Regards

Guest

Hi Tom,

Take a look if you have a file with the extension csproj.webinfo located in
the same folder where the c# project file (for instance, lets say that your
project is called "TomProject", the file should be named
"TomProject.csproj.webinfo"). This file keeps track of a project's virtual
root location

If you do not have that file, it is very easy to build. Create a text file
and place the following xml code:

<VisualStudioUNCWeb>
<Web URLPath = "http://localhost/TomProject/TomProject.csproj" />
</VisualStudioUNCWeb>

Save the file as "TomProject.csproj.webinfo".

The file above is an example, assuming that the website is in your local
host, the virtual directoy/site is called "TomProject" and the C# ASP.NET
Project is called TomProject.csproj. You should change the URLPath to adjust
it to your project attributes.

For further information about file types of an asp.net VS.NET project, take
a look at this link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/tdlg_ch3.asp

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Leon

Tom Joseph

Hi...

thnxxx for everyone who tried to help me out.
The issue is resolved now.
This issue occured because of an IIS crash.
I uninstalled IIS and then reinstalled it.
Then I registered ASP.Net in IIS.
Now it is working properly.
Thank you once more..

Regards