Hidden code in emails

Daniel

Hi,

at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
in emails. I should try to hide javascript-, vba- or html-code in an
email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
sees the text.

My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
hidden code.

Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?

thanks in advance
Daniel

Jonathan N. Little

Daniel said:
Hi,

at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
in emails. I should try to hide javascript-, vba- or html-code in an
email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
sees the text.

My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
hidden code.

Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?

Script-kiddie wantatabe looking for tips? I don't think anybody here
will assist you, we all have enough problems with spam.

Bergamot

Jonathan said:
Script-kiddie wantatabe looking for tips? I don't think anybody here
will assist you, we all have enough problems with spam.

Besides, any sane person would have scripting disabled in their mail
program. Even MS has it disabled by default now.

Raymond SCHMIT

Hi,

at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
in emails. I should try to hide javascript-, vba- or html-code in an
email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
sees the text.

My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
hidden code.

Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?

thanks in advance
Daniel

We will consider your request as an hidden one ..... nobody can see it
.....If this is true, your teacher is a stupide teacher ...or he try to
be a spammer asking students to do the work for him :-(

Jonathan N. Little

Bergamot said:
Besides, any sane person would have scripting disabled in their mail
program. Even MS has it disabled by default now.

Finally, but to slam MS some more, new "secure" IE's still offers "run"
and with their download box for excutables!!!!

Daniel

Finally, but to slam MS some more, new "secure" IE's still offers "run"
and with their download box for excutables!!!!

I'm not trying to spam anybody. I only do what my teacher demands from
me and I hoped that maybe I can get some help in this group :/

Jonathan N. Little

I'm not trying to spam anybody. I only do what my teacher demands from
me and I hoped that maybe I can get some help in this group :/

You won't find folks where to give you instruction on how to build a
"dirty-bomb" either.

If this is for a college thesis, you should have enough technical
expertise to know what is involved and ramifications of such code. You
would not need to has for help here. Frankly I do not believe you. Post
the email of this "professor", some on here will set him straight....

Harlan Messinger

Daniel said:
Hi,

at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
in emails. I should try to hide javascript-, vba- or html-code in an
email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
sees the text.

My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
hidden code.

Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?

Besides what everyone else has said, I don't even understand your
situation. It's like writing a diploma thesis on how to embed a
cross-browser Flash presentation in a web page or on how to get the best
results from roasting a pork shoulder. I mean, the explanations are out
there, they take a few paragraphs or a couple of pages to explain, and
then they're done. Copy and paste. It's hardly a thesis topic.

Harlan Messinger

Sherman said:
Note that he said "diploma thesis" - not "PhD thesis."

I understand, but still, in my vocabulary (and I realize this is one of
those things that probably varies by country), "thesis" nevertheless
implies an honors paper of non-trivial length and significant research
in consultation with an advisor, not something you can complete by
finding a couple of blog entries on line and copying them down.

Daniel

I understand, but still, in my vocabulary (and I realize this is one of
those things that probably varies by country), "thesis" nevertheless
implies an honors paper of non-trivial length and significant research
in consultation with an advisor, not something you can complete by
finding a couple of blog entries on line and copying them down.

Sure, it's a written "work" (should be about 30-40-sided). And my
teacher wants that I explain with some examples, what I can do with
html, javascript and other codes in emails.

Raymond SCHMIT

Sure, it's a written "work" (should be about 30-40-sided). And my
teacher wants that I explain with some examples, what I can do with
html, javascript and other codes in emails.

Anyone with any sense has Javascript disabled in their email program.

If not -> PLEASE DO IT IMMEDIATELY !!!