Javascript in Emails

Daniel

Hi,

at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
in emails. I should try to hide javascript- or html-code in an
email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
sees the text.

My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
javascript-code or and whether it's possible to execute files or
whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
hidden code.

Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?

thanks in advance
Daniel

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Daniel said:
at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
in emails. I should try to hide javascript- or html-code in an
email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
sees the text.

My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
javascript-code or and whether it's possible to execute files or
whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
hidden code.

Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?

Gee, if you don't know by now that it's impossible to hide it and why, I
won't put my money on your graduation.

As for the other thing: STFW, there's plenty of material about it, none of
which is particularly on-topic here as it isn't language-specific. Try
comp.security.misc, or in your case maybe de.comp.security.misc and
de.comp.security.virus.

HTH

PointedEars

Captain Paralytic

Hi,

at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
in emails. I should try to hide javascript- or html-code in an
email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
sees the text.

My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
javascript-code or and whether it's possible to execute files or
whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
hidden code.

Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?

thanks in advance
Daniel

I would suggest that it might be better to choose a subject about
which you know something if you are planning on writing a diploma
thesis.

Brushing up on your grammar will make your thesis readable.

Based on your post, I would say you should save wasting your time,
because you are unlikely to pass.