Problem on sending emails

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mr. X., Aug 11, 2010.

  1. Mr. X.

    Mr. X. Guest

    Hello.
    I have an asp.net, that sending emails.

    I have the following code :
    Dim mail As New MailMessage
    Dim smtp As New SmtpClient("my-site.org")

    smtp.Credentials = New NetworkCredential("",
    "myPassowrd")
    mail.From = New MailAddress("")
    mail.To.Add("")
    mail.Subject = "Contact"
    mail.IsBodyHtml = true
    smtp.Send(mail)

    Everything works fine, till some changes of the site provider.

    Now I am getting the message :
    The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not
    authenticated.
    I have been told, I need to add some parameter : required authentication.
    Why may be that change?

    Thanks :)

    Mr. X., Aug 11, 2010

  2. Mr. X.

    Jason Keats Guest

    Maybe checking the inner exception for more information would help:
    http://systemnetmail.com/faq/5.aspx

    Jason Keats, Aug 11, 2010