Problem sending emails.

Mr. X.

Hello.
I have an asp.net, that sending emails.

I have the following code :
Dim mail As New MailMessage
Dim smtp As New SmtpClient("my-site.org")

smtp.Credentials = New NetworkCredential("(e-mail address removed)",
"myPassowrd")
mail.From = New MailAddress("(e-mail address removed)")
mail.To.Add("(e-mail address removed)")
mail.Subject = "Contact"
mail.IsBodyHtml = true
smtp.Send(mail)

Everything works fine, till some changes of the site provider.

Now I am getting the message :
The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not
authenticated.
I have been told, I need to add some parameter : required authentication.
Why may be that change?

Thanks :)

Bob Barrows

Mr. X. said:
Hello.
I have an asp.net, that sending emails.

***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
I have the following code :
Dim mail As New MailMessage
Dim smtp As New SmtpClient("my-site.org")

smtp.Credentials = New NetworkCredential("(e-mail address removed)",
"myPassowrd")
mail.From = New MailAddress("(e-mail address removed)")
mail.To.Add("(e-mail address removed)")
mail.Subject = "Contact"
mail.IsBodyHtml = true
smtp.Send(mail)

Everything works fine, till some changes of the site provider.

Now I am getting the message :
The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not
authenticated.
I have been told, I need to add some parameter : required
authentication. Why may be that change?
"Why?"
Well, it sounds as if the site administrator wanted to make the site more
secure. Maybe he was having problems with bots using his site to send spam
or something.

Did you mean to ask how to make the change?