System.Net.Mail

AbraAbraCadabra

This is some code for VB that is supposed to work in ASP. How come it
doesn't seem to work in ASP?
It is supposed to send mail to an SMTP server that requires a username and
password.

'create the mail message
'Dim mail As New MailMessage()

'set the addresses
'mail.From = New MailAddress("(e-mail address removed)")
'mail.To.Add([email protected])

'set the content
'mail.Subject = "TEST TEST TEST This is an email"
'mail.Body = "this is the body content of the email."

'send the message
'Dim smtp As New SmtpClient("127.0.0.1")

'to authenticate we set the username and password properites on the
SmtpClient
'smtp.Credentials = New NetworkCredential("username", "secret")
'smtp.Send(mail)

sloan

If you work thru my sample project ... at the blog, you'll find the
different switches you need to experiment with to get an "authentication"
email to work.

I have 1.1 and 2.0 syntaxes.

http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/ 2/8/2006

While the code is in C#, you'll at least see the properties you need to set.

You need to find the
TestApp_2_0 . Program.cs file.

Here is what to find ... under the 2/8/2006 entry
You can download the code HERE. (Right-Click and "Save As" works best)

AbraAbraCadabra

I tried your link on two different computers and they both crash about 10
seconds after viewing the first page. Is there a problem with your link?

sloan

Use a browser besides IE.

I think microsoft sent an update out for IE.. and it crashes when it goes to
a spaces.msn.com/somebody type site.

They redid the look/feel of the msn spaces.

I get the same issue sometimes.

I thought it was just me, but apparently not.