Hiding WebPart borders and close/minimise buttons

Simon

Hi Guys,

We have been playing about with the idea of making our user controls
into web parts so that they can be dragged about in the future. At the
moment we want to do the ground work by putting the user controls in
WebPartZones, but actually hide the fact they are web parts - e.g. they
shouldn't have the border, title or minimise/close links that they get
automatically when placed in Web Part zones.

The only easy way I know how to do this would be to apply CSS styles to
artificially hide the appearance of those elements. But I was wondering
if there was a better way?

Many thanks

Simon

Hi all,

I've figured out how to get rid of the border, by changing some settings
on the web part zone. All I need to do now is

a. Figure out how to hide the little menu button that appears on the right

b. Hide the title text that automatically appears (currently it gets set
to something like Untitled [1]

Can anyone advise me on how to change these things?

Many thanks

Simon

Sajid

First one is still a question for me but i have the answer for the second question.

a. Figure out how to hide the little menu button that appears on the right

I am facing the same problem please inform if you find the solution.

b. Hide the title text that automatically appears (currently it gets set
to something like Untitled [1]

There are manay ways to do this.
Set the control Title = " "
Or
Set the PartTitleStyle ForeColor = "White"
Hi Guys,

We have been playing about with the idea of making our user controls
into web parts so that they can be dragged about in the future. At the
moment we want to do the ground work by putting the user controls in
WebPartZones, but actually hide the fact they are web parts - e.g. they
should not have the border, title or minimise/close links that they get
automatically when placed in Web Part zones.

The only easy way I know how to do this would be to apply CSS styles to
artificially hide the appearance of those elements. But I was wondering
if there was a better way?

Many thanks

On Monday, September 14, 2009 5:15 AM Simon wrote:
Hi all,

I have figured out how to get rid of the border, by changing some settings