Hierarchical table to drop down select menus

johnforeman32

Hi All,

I'm looking for an efficient way to translate an hierarchical table
into dynamic drop down select menus.

ie. Table is in the following form

Group Series Make
Model Code
--------- ---------
---------- ------------ --------
Fleet 4WD Ford
Explorer 01RW09338
Fleet 4WD Ford
Escape 01RW01111
Fleet 4WD GM
Ranger 663YY4444
Fleet Sedan Daewoo
Lanos 4443R3332

etc.

to the following dynamic drop down menus

Group [ Fleet v ]
Series [4WD v ]
Make [Ford v ]
Model [Explorer v]

My aim is to not go back to the server after each choice to determine
the contents of the subsequent menus. However my initial table
contains over 1000 rows and since I currently store the data in
javascript arrays at the point of creating the jsp, the load time of
the page is greatly affected
..
Does anyone have a better / more efficient solution?