History.go with asp.

Randin

I sure hope I post this in the right place, if not please let me know and I can post properly.

I am a new supervisor for a company and we are using an asp application written by a consultant who is no longer available. The app works fine, but we have now noticed the following (particularly #4):

1) A form gets filled in with several different types of controls, - Good
2) The form get posted to an asp file that deals with the posted data, - Good
3) The consultant took into account the details of checking the posted data to make sure that everything that was "required' was there, - Good
4) If NOT, then the user is notified and sent back to the form,
5) When returned to the form, the previous data and selections are gone - OOPS!

So when the user is returned to the form, it is a blank sheet, as if starting from scratch. This is not the desired result and these users have been doing this form about 7 months and didn't realize that this is not the best use of skills, time and an application.

What we'd like to be able to do is to return them to the form "as it was prior to the post".

We've looked at using history.go(-1), which I think (and I'm new at this to be honest) seems like it's what we want to do.

However, how do I code this in vbscript (or JavaScript) of which there are boundless example. However, we need to do this without using a button?

Seems all the example we've found uses button.

Thanks and again if this is in the wrong area, I apologize.

Adrienne Boswell

#4):

[...]

Please do not post in HTML. A lot of news clients do not render it, and
show both the plain text and the HTML source below.

As to your problem, my suggestion is that you post to the same page, and
set the values of the input elements.

I have an example available at:
[http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/requiredform.php]