    Subhabrata Banerjee.
    Gurgaon.
    India.

    subhabangalore, Jul 24, 2012

  2. Dear Group,
    I worked out a solution. As most of the libraries give so many bindings andconditions best way is to make it. Not very tough, I made earlier, but as some files were lost so was thinking instead of a remake if ready versions work. Or may look change from Python 3 to previous version so when 3 will be supported solution. But can I install both Python 3 and Python2.x or call 2.x from 3.x?

    Regards,
    Subhabrata.

    subhabangalore, Jul 25, 2012

  3. subhabangalore

    Terry Reedy Guest

    is to make it. Not very tough, I made earlier, but as some files were
    lost so was thinking instead of a remake if ready versions work. Or may
    look change from Python 3 to previous version so when 3 will be
    supported solution. But can I install both Python 3 and Python2.x or
    call 2.x from 3.x?

    You can have multiple versions of Python installed. Just be careful on
    *nix to use altinstall so as to not disturb the system install used by
    the system.

    Pythonx.y can only use code that works with x.y ;=). However, any Python
    process can use any other program via the subprocess module. You just
    have to work out the data transfer.

    Terry Reedy, Jul 25, 2012
  4. Dear Terry,
    Thanks for your reply. I had downloaded it too, but going tools I felt it is better to repair or rebuild them, as most of them have many bindings. And making is not a big effort when numpy,scipy,matplotlib are there.

    Regards,
    Subhabrata Banerjee.

    subhabangalore, Jul 26, 2012
  5. Dear Terry,