Honest opinion

Joined
Jun 23, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello Everybody,
I'm new at this forum / newsgroup but am suprised about the amount of info, tips and help that's to be found here. I have an dillema which I wanted to share here, and where I want other peoples opinion / expirience about.
The situation is the following.

I'm developing a application. So far I the functional design and am ready to write the technical design. Part of that is the design of the user interface and the way it is build. For now I have a page with a frameset which consists of three frames with in every frame a page loaded. In one page I have three dropdownlists from where the user can select one option. When the user has chosen an option this option should be a variable for the other page (within the frame). Now I was thinking of make a kind of link from the chosen option, like: The user selects car, the the link for the second page would be: otherpage.aspx?paramter=car. I think this solution should work, but at the other hand it feels to much asp.classic to me. I was wondering if this would be an solution others would have chosen also or use a more elegant way of variable pass through.

I hope I made my situation clear, otherwise I have to redefine it ;)

Thanks a lot.

Soulfly.