Horizontal list

BootNic

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:29:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hi how do I make a list appear horizontally with the bullets included?

http://bootnic.atwebpages.com/horizontalList.php

--

BootNic Sat Aug 2, 2008 03:37 pm
They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change

Dolin

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:29:18 -0700 (PDT)

http://bootnic.atwebpages.com/horizontalList.php

--

BootNic                                        Sat Aug 2, 2008 03:37 pm
  They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change
  them yourself.
  *Andy Warhol*

 signature.asc
1KDownload

hey i can you show me the code for the inline bullet list on your
website? Thanks.

BootNic

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 19:09:23 -0700 (PDT)
[snip]

hey i can you show me the code for the inline bullet list on your
website? Thanks.

Sorry mate, it's way too much to post in a newsgroup message. That is
why I supplied an example with the above URL.

However, you may try to view the source of the page, in general that is
what one usually does when give an example to look at.

Do you know how to view the source?

If the answer is no, I am going to suggest that this example is a bit
too advanced for you at this time. While its all there in the source,
it is not commented and I really do not think you would be ready to take
it apart and research how it all works.

--

BootNic Sat Aug 2, 2008 11:01 pm
Genius is eternal patience.

Nik Coughlin

For some reason I see your posts as being empty with a text attachment
containing the message. Just you, nobody else.

Bergamot

Nik said:
For some reason I see your posts as being empty with a text attachment
containing the message. Just you, nobody else.

I imagine it's got something to do with:
protocol="application/pgp-signature"; micalg=PGP-SHA1

Blinky the Shark

Bergamot said:
I imagine it's got something to do with:
protocol="application/pgp-signature"; micalg=PGP-SHA1

That said, his posts look perfectly normal here. TheGoodOldPan/Linux

Phonedude

BootNic:

Being as how the underlying philosophy of this group seem to be that we
should make our work readable regardless of the client, it seems out of
place to make postings that appear as attachments instead of text. Can you
fix this? I'd like to read what you write, but, as a rule, I don't open
attachments found in usenet.

Larry

Bergamot

BootNic said:
It's Microsoft Windows Mail, it has issues with multipart/signed
messages.

I'm curious if there is any particular reason to use multipart/signed
messages for Usenet posts in the first place.

Blinky the Shark

Phonedude said:
BootNic:

Being as how the underlying philosophy of this group seem to be that we
should make our work readable regardless of the client, it seems out of
place to make postings that appear as attachments instead of text. Can you
fix this? I'd like to read what you write, but, as a rule, I don't open
attachments found in usenet.

They aren't attachments here. Oh, wait -- you're using Outlook Express.

Bummer.

Blinky the Shark

Bergamot said:
I'm curious if there is any particular reason to use multipart/signed
messages for Usenet posts in the first place.

It was part of his PGP process wasn't it?

Phonedude

Blinky the Shark said:
They aren't attachments here. Oh, wait -- you're using Outlook Express.

Bummer.

Again, with an underlying philosophy of making your content usable
regardless of client I have to say, so what?

Larry

BootNic

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:51:30 -0400

I suppose you may continue to blame my post if you wish, the fact is
that it is the buggy newsreader you have chosen to use.

I am not in the position to fix your newsreader, I can suggest that you
find one that is not as buggy as Microsoft, even google groups would be
an improvement over a Microsoft reader, however the choice is yours.
Again, with an underlying philosophy of making your content usable
regardless of client I have to say, so what?

Oh well, rest assured that you are not the only one. That is to say you
are not being singled out. As near as I can tell it's only 15% of the
posters here, I can live with that.

Blinky the Shark

Phonedude said:
Again, with an underlying philosophy of making your content usable
regardless of client I have to say, so what?

With an underlying realization that MS news clients are crap, I say again,
"bummer" for you.

Phonedude

Blinky the Shark said:
With an underlying realization that MS news clients are crap, I say again,
"bummer" for you.

Blame it on the client instead of the author. Ok.