Host Header IIS

Jack Li

Hi Pietro,

As far as I know, there is no way to use wildcard host header on IIS.

Regards,
Jack Li
MVP (ASP.NET)

Juan T. Llibre

Did you mean http://www.iisfaq.com/

?

I don't think www.iisfaqs.com exists... :)

www.iisanswers.com has a lot of answers, too.

A really good resource for IIS is :
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=9&tabid=48

clintonG said:
An answer may be found at IIS FAQs [1]
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

[1] http://www.iisfaqs.com

Bruce Barker

not sure what open means.

when using hostnames instead of seperate ipaddress, when the client connects
the webserver does not know the servername (domain name) used because the
tcpip connection is open by ipaddress and port number. http 1.1 added a new
host header the client send with the get

GET /somepath/mypage.aspx HTTP/1.1
Host: www.mysite.br

the web server uses the host header (in iis terms) to determine the web
site, then the get path to find the page.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

clintonG

Yes, thanks Juan.

<%= Clinton Gallagher