Host Headers under IIS 6 and the Internationalization of domain names

Neo Geshel

I know this probably OT, but I need to know if there is any way to
“upgrade†the host header system of IIS 6 (Win 2003) to accept
internationalized domain names. That is, domain names with characters
other than the standard US character set.

IIS in its current state will not accept anything other than a-z, . and
- in a domain or subdomain. I need to set up a web site from a Japanese
company whose properly-registered domain name makes use of Japanese
Kanji and Hirigana.

TIA.
...Geshel
My return e-mail address is an automatically monitored spam honeypot.
Do not send e-mail there unless you wish to be reported as a spammer.
Please send all e-mail to my first name at my last name dot org, with
a subject-line of “NEWSGROUP REPLY FOR NEO GESHEL†(all uppercase).

clintonG

I'm fairly certain localization is supported by IIS7

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
MAP http://wikimapia.org/#y=43038073&x=-88043838&z=17&l=0&m=h