Hosting ASP.NET Site Locally

dermot

Hi,
I host an asp.net website locally. This is accessible via
www.mydomain.com
However when any of the pcs on my local network go to www.mydomain.com
they get the pop up box from my netgear router to login and change
router settings. So they have to go http://localwebserver/mydomain to
access the site.

Is there anyway round this?

Sorry if this is wrong group, but I'm new to asp.net websites.

Regards,
Dermot

Kevin Jones

It's not an ASP problem. However the easiest fix would be to add a line
to your hosts file, something like

my.ip.add.ress www.mydomain.com

(where my.ip.add.ress is the ip address of the www.mydomain.com as seen
by the rest of the world)

The hosts file is in

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

Mike Lowery

dermot said:
Hi,
I host an asp.net website locally. This is accessible via
www.mydomain.com
However when any of the pcs on my local network go to www.mydomain.com
they get the pop up box from my netgear router to login and change
router settings. So they have to go http://localwebserver/mydomain to
access the site.

Is there anyway round this?

Sorry if this is wrong group, but I'm new to asp.net websites.

Buy a different router? What happens when you do a "nslookup www.mydomain.com"
from one of these PCs?