Hosting Winforms in IE

Andreas Draheim

Hi all,

I try to get the quickstart from the .NET 1.1 hosting a WinForms Control in
IE running in .NET 2.0. But I cant get it going.
(http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/winforms/doc/WinFormsIeSourcing.aspx)

It seems not to be possible getting the value of the textbox inside the
control.

Running the original in .NET 1.1 it is all working.

Can somebody give me a hint where I could get deeper information, what is
going on in the background of the hosting process (IEHost.dll). I already
tried to debug the iehost (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313892/), but the
debugging seems not to be running on a win 2003 Server machine with sp1
installed.

The security settings allow full trust to the site running the control and
the assembly, containing the control, too.

Does anybody have some information on changes in the hosting process in .NET
2.0?

Running system:
Win2003Server Enterprise SP1
..NET 2.0