How are you guys getting DocTitle returned from aspx pages?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike Dee, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    I'm new to index server and can't get any DocTitle value back from index
    server (it is returned as null) for all my aspx pages. It do get the values
    from inside the <title> tags from my static .htm pages just fine.

    My aspx pages however are generated from master pages where the title tag is
    set dynamically at run-time. So, it seens like index server is just
    indexing my raw .aspx and .cs.aspx pages instead of actually running the
    page and indexing the resulting page.

    How can I get index server to actually execute my aspx pages like a browser
    would request the pages so that it can see the real, dynamically generated
    content and index that, and pick up the title tag value for DocTitle?

    I've been trying to get this answered in the index server group for a few
    weeks, as is someone else, but no one there has ideas. Since I assume some
    of you are using master pages and run into this same thing with indexing
    aspx pages I thought perhaps you'd have some ideas to share. Thanks!!

    --- Mike

    Mike Dee, Nov 30, 2005