Master Pages and Microsoft Index Server

ThatsIT.net.au

I have noticed using index server to create a web site search pages using a
master page do not show doctitle when using the Title="page title" property

this works fine if you use the <title>page title</title> tags.

This means a lot of work going back over all pages and putting in the title
gain, it also produces a error in the debugger saying <title> tags occur too
many times

Is there workaround here?

Is Microsoft doing anything about it?

Guest

I have noticed using index server to create a web site search pages using a
master page do not show doctitle when using the Title="page title" property

this works fine if you use the <title>page title</title> tags.

This means a lot of work going back over all pages and putting in the title
gain, it also produces a error in the debugger saying <title> tags occur too
many times

Is there workaround here?

Is Microsoft doing anything about it?

It seems this is a known issue and IS is looking for <title></title>
tags.

Check the workaround with a ContentPlaceHolder at the following
thread:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t119918-how-to-get-doctitle-from-aspx-master-pages-.html

Hope this helps

[...]

not really.

The solution I had works fine, but it creates warnings in the debugger. It
may be being fussy, but the warnings annoy me