How can access to AUTH_USER?

music

With php I can access to AUTH_USER and REMOTE_ADDR to know the
authenticated user and the ip from which he come.
With ruby there is available REMOTE_ADDR but not AUTH_USER.
How can I access to the authenticated users?

Robert Klemme

With php I can access to AUTH_USER and REMOTE_ADDR to know the
authenticated user and the ip from which he come.
With ruby there is available REMOTE_ADDR but not AUTH_USER.
How can I access to the authenticated users?

Guessing that you are talking about CGI the value is likely accessible
via ENV['AUTH_USER'] *if* the webserver you are using chose to put it
there (i.e. if it supports authentication and the user actually
authenticated). Just guessing of course...

Kind regards

robert

music

Robert said:
With php I can access to AUTH_USER and REMOTE_ADDR to know the
authenticated user and the ip from which he come.
With ruby there is available REMOTE_ADDR but not AUTH_USER.
How can I access to the authenticated users?

Guessing that you are talking about CGI the value is likely accessible
via ENV['AUTH_USER'] *if* the webserver you are using chose to put it
there (i.e. if it supports authentication and the user actually
authenticated). Just guessing of course...

Yes I'm talking about cgi in ruby.
I've used ENV["AUTH_USER"] but it has no value.
In php the variable AUTH_USER give me the authenticated user in ruby no.

Mariusz Pękala

--St7VIuEGZ6dlpu13

Robert said:
With php I can access to AUTH_USER and REMOTE_ADDR to know the=20
authenticated user and the ip from which he come.
With ruby there is available REMOTE_ADDR but not AUTH_USER.
How can I access to the authenticated users?

Guessing that you are talking about CGI the value is likely accessible= =20
via ENV['AUTH_USER'] *if* the webserver you are using chose to put it=20
there (i.e. if it supports authentication and the user actually=20
authenticated). Just guessing of course...
=20
Yes I'm talking about cgi in ruby.
I've used ENV["AUTH_USER"] but it has no value.
In php the variable AUTH_USER give me the authenticated user in ruby no.
=20

Look for HTTP_AUTH_USER, maybe.

--=20
Checked by 'grep -i virus $MESSAGE'
Trust me.

--St7VIuEGZ6dlpu13

--St7VIuEGZ6dlpu13--

Jano Svitok

Robert said:
With php I can access to AUTH_USER and REMOTE_ADDR to know the
authenticated user and the ip from which he come.
With ruby there is available REMOTE_ADDR but not AUTH_USER.
How can I access to the authenticated users?

Guessing that you are talking about CGI the value is likely accessible
via ENV['AUTH_USER'] *if* the webserver you are using chose to put it
there (i.e. if it supports authentication and the user actually
authenticated). Just guessing of course...

Yes I'm talking about cgi in ruby.
I've used ENV["AUTH_USER"] but it has no value.
In php the variable AUTH_USER give me the authenticated user in ruby no.

Either: have a look at all the ENV variables, and try the similar
ones, as suggested in the previous mail, or check your webserver
configuration if it sends the var at all.