Auth_User blank. Please help

Guest

I am trying to use AUTH_USER from request.servervariables but the field is
blank. I am using Windoze server 2003 with IIS5. I know there is a fix
because I did it a long time ago with our old NT server running IIS4 but I
cant remember how I got it to work. We are all authenticated users on our
Domain so this is available, I am able to get IP info and such. I seem to
remember some kind of ASP code that did the fix by altering the way the web
server displays info. Does anyone know this fix?

Patrice

AFAIK there is nothing to "fix".

Are you sure that you web site is not currently set to accept anonymous
requests ?

Patrice

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Turn off anonymous access for the page, directory, or application in IIS.

Ray at work

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I am trying to use AUTH_USER from request.servervariables but the
field is blank. I am using Windoze server 2003 with IIS5. I know
there is a fix because I did it a long time ago with our old NT
server running IIS4 but I cant remember how I got it to work. We are
all authenticated users on our Domain so this is available, I am able
to get IP info and such. I seem to remember some kind of ASP code
that did the fix by altering the way the web server displays info.
Does anyone know this fix?

Go into site properties and turn off Anonymous Access

Guest

That did it thanx all.