Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' msg

Pierre Semaan

Hey Guys,

I have inherited an evil app that I am trying to fix. It is a VB6
desktop app, that I am trying to port to the web using VB6/com+/ASP
with a sql server 2000 db. Well, up until now, everything has been
good. That is, until I tried to port the "add invoice" piece over to
the web. That is when I get the "Login failed for user 'NT
AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'" error. The database has Mixed Mode
authentication set up, and the connection string logs-in as follows:
ConnectString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist
Security Info=False;User
ID=existingdatabaseuser;Password=userpassword;Initial
Catalog=databasename;Data Source=servername". When I try to update a
table that has a default value of the id number that corresponds to
the existingdatabaseuser (looks up an id number in a table that
essentially mirrors the database log-in name and adds more user
related info by using "SET @EmployeeNumber = ISNULL((SELECT
TblSecurity.Employee_number FROM dbo.TblSecurity WHERE
TblSecurity.Userid = SYSTEM_USER),0)"), I get the error.

I know that the auth_user is the user that is currently logged into my
machine. I have "anonymous access" and "integrated Windows
Authentication" set up on the web server, which is the obvious reason
for this. Is that part of the problem? The Auth_User is not someone
who is in either the database security table, and by extension the
database user list, but is in fact a domain user.

How can I fix it so that the username that is logged in is also the
"network" user so that it can work? I can't make a lot of changes to
the database, since it is in use by the other desktop system, so it is
even harder to fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a
bunch!

Any responses sent directly to either the group or myself, or both
would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the cross-posting, but I am
at my whits end! :)

Pierre