Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON

Jas

Hi, we're trying to install IIS 6.0 and SQL Server 2005 on different machine
because we want to be bale to use the performance of each server and we're
getting an error Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON.

So what we tried it's putting the application on the same machine that have
SQL Server on it and it worked. But the problem is that we want it seperate
on different machine.

Each machine is using Windows 2K3 without Active Directory.

We want to use Windows Authentication because we restricted tables per user
groups.

Does someone have any idea on how we could pass the username and the
password to from the IIS machine to the SQL Server machine witout having to
create a login page where the user have to put his username and a password to
long on.

There is probably a way to do it but we tried to much things!!!

Thanks in advanced for any answer!!!

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

windows security does not support this (one hop rule). you need to switch to
kerberos authentication, and enable credentials forwarding or you could use
basic security. in either case, you need to enable identity impersonate in
the web config

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)