How can I extract the information from an html table?

Ken Adams

Basically I have built a table that has a check box column in it as well as
a some other data on each row. So I want to once submit of the form has been
pressed to not only pass the data that says which checkbox was selected but
also the data that is in the row that correspondes to that checkbox. How can
I do that?

Thanks a bunch.

David Dorward

Ken said:
Basically I have built a table that has a check box column in it as well
as a some other data on each row. So I want to once submit of the form has
been pressed to not only pass the data that says which checkbox was
selected but also the data that is in the row that correspondes to that
checkbox. How can I do that?

Short of encoding the entire contents of the row in the value attribute of
the checkbox (or resorting to unreliable JavaScript) you can't. I'd just
stick a reference to the right part of the data source in the checkbox
value.

Jan Faerber

Ken Adams ... output:
How can
I do that?

This task is more wanted when you whish to include continuously changing
data from another webpage into yours. It can be done with php someone told
me.
Won't it be better to pass your information with the 'value' attribute in
your case?