How can you implement MSHTML.HTMLDocument in ASP???

Jay Kappel

OK, Here's the latest...

I have an activex dll that does what I need it to do. I have created an
ASP page that uses that dll. On my windows XP Professional machine I have
registered the dll and used my local web server to browse the asp page. The
good news is that it works GREAT! The page completes in 3-4 seconds.
However when I transfer the dll and the ASP page to a Windows Web 2003
server it jumps up to a whopping 54 seconds!

I am wondering if this could have something to do with the enhanced
browsing security implemented by default on the Web Server 2003? It appears
that this enhanced setting is profile based, so setting it back to a normal
level for my admin account does not help the IUSR_MachineName account. Does
anyone know how I can change this setting for the IUSR account? And is
there a registry key or something that I can have my com object change and
then flip back when it's done. Will the com object have the appropriate
security rights to perform this action? And lastly am I barking up the
wrong tree?

Thanks, Jay Kappel

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Jay,

This is quite strange due to the performance drop on Win2003 . If you feel
it is related to IE Enhanced Security Configuration, please uninstall it in
control panel->Add/Remove programs->Add/Remove Windows Components, then
test it again to see if it helps.

Looking at the nature of this issue, it would require intensive
troubleshooting which would be done quickly and effectively with direct
assistance from a Microsoft Support Professional through Microsoft Product
Support Services. I suggest you contact Microsoft Product Support directly
to discuss additional support options you may have available, by contacting
us at 1-(800)936-5800 or by choosing one of the options listed at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top. As a MSDN
subscriber, you have two free support incidents.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Community Support