How do I add an Xpath2.0 function to Xalan2.6?

hicks

I'm using a stylesheet that was created with a custom xslt engine which
makes use of Xpath2.0 features, specifically the exists() function.

Xalan 2.6 does not support Xpath2.0.

So I need to write a custom exists() function and register it
programatically in Java with Xalan.

I've consulted the Apache website, and their examples typically involve
creating extension functions in a custom namespace, then modifying the
stylesheet to use these functions. In my case I am not able to modify
the stylesheet.

My question is how do I provide and register an implementation of
exists() with the Xalan engine so it can process my stylesheet?

Any examples would be very useful.

Thanks for any help.
Andrew.

Martin Honnen

My question is how do I provide and register an implementation of
exists() with the Xalan engine so it can process my stylesheet?

and/or developers of Apache XML software so I think your chances to find
expertise on that processor are much higher on such a dedicated list
than in this general group.