How do I delete "Edit" column in my GridView in VS 2005 webform?

Learner

Hello,
I have a GridView control on my webform. I can see the data in my
GridView control but I don't see any option to hide or delete the Edit
column in the control. I don't have to have any Edit, Delte, or Update
functionality in my GridView. I just need to display the data thats
all.

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 and VS 2005.
some one could please give me hand here?

thanks
-L

Jan Hyde

"Learner" <[email protected]>'s wild thoughts were released
Hello,
I have a GridView control on my webform. I can see the data in my
GridView control but I don't see any option to hide or delete the Edit
column in the control.

That's because it's not there by default, you don't 'hide'
it, you have to 'show' it in the first place.
I don't have to have any Edit, Delte, or Update
functionality in my GridView. I just need to display the data thats
all.
I am using ASP.NET 2.0 and VS 2005.
some one could please give me hand here?

Check the grid properties, for example, have you
accidentally set AutogenerateEditButton to true?

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

Learner

Hello Jan,
Cool that worked :) . I was trying to customize the "Edit Columns'
wizard that appears in the little window (may be its called smart
window) but couldn't find the option.

Thanks for the help,
-L