How do I validate / debug a javascript?

madsgormlarsen

When you write html or css then the validation proces is a good way of
finding errors. I get some syntax error / code: 0 errors in IE, how can
I figure out what the problem is. The thing is - it works - but it does
not look good when IE says the page is done with errors.

You can see the page and problem here -

http://www.madsgormlarsen.dk/andersen/index.php

Thanks for any help.

Mads

Janwillem Borleffs

When you write html or css then the validation proces is a good way of
finding errors. I get some syntax error / code: 0 errors in IE, how
can I figure out what the problem is. The thing is - it works - but
it does not look good when IE says the page is done with errors.

You can see the page and problem here -

http://www.madsgormlarsen.dk/andersen/index.php

Double-click on the yellow warning sign in the left corner of your browser
and you will see a popup containing the last line number on which errors
where found.

Start at this line to scan for javascript delarations and you will notice
the following:

onmouseout="window.status = return true;"

When you replace this throughout the file with the following, it will work
fine:

onmouseout="window.status = ''; return true;"

JW

Jedi Fans

Janwillem said:
Double-click on the yellow warning sign in the left corner of your browser
and you will see a popup containing the last line number on which errors
where found.

Start at this line to scan for javascript delarations and you will notice
the following:

onmouseout="window.status = return true;"

When you replace this throughout the file with the following, it will work
fine:

onmouseout="window.status = ''; return true;"
mozilla firefox's javascript console is far more advanced, also consider
getting the javascript debugger extension from venkman for firefox

alu

mozilla firefox's javascript console is far more advanced, also consider
getting the javascript debugger extension from venkman for firefox

Also, in IE/Win, under Tools/Internet Options/Advanced
uncheck - Disable script debugging
check - Display a notification about every script error

-alu

madsgormlarsen

Hi

Thanks to all of you, it was a great help, I have followed all advice
and it works like a charm.

Mads