How do I view .asp files without loading on to web-server

Pamelaaaa

I previously authored some pages on a Frontpage 2000 intranet that was
written with .asp files. Is there a way to view these? I have loaded
FrontPage and can view my folders but an error I recieve when I try to view
an .asp file is "Cannot Open file service.lck for writing".

All I need to do is view these -- I don't need to edit them or anything. Is
this possible?
PAM

Dan Rogers

Hi Pam,

To view these pages, I am presuming you mean see them in the client
experience sense (e.g. you want to see what the user might see if these
were running).

Other than putting them on the web server (which is where Front Page needs
them to be), there isn't much help I can offer you, since you need to have
the pages processed by active server pages, which is a feature of the page
or by frontpage. Frontpage requires that the file be on a server with
frontpage server extensions installed.

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation