How do you 'cache' an ASP page?

john_aspinall

Hi,

Can someone tell me how you 'cache' an ASP page? I run a football
predictions league site and some pages than calculate users points
stats and the league table are taking ages to load. I think this is
because its making loads of calculations (Although I could be wrong!).

Ive been told the best way to solve this problem is to run the ASP page
once and then 'cache' it. The page only needs to be run once to perform
the calculations so I shouldnt be making it run the calculations on
every request, as happens at the moment.

http://www.pool-predictions.co.uk/h...ers.asp?tab=a_d

Cheers...John

Mike Brind

Hi,

Can someone tell me how you 'cache' an ASP page? I run a football
predictions league site and some pages than calculate users points
stats and the league table are taking ages to load. I think this is
because its making loads of calculations (Although I could be wrong!).

Ive been told the best way to solve this problem is to run the ASP page
once and then 'cache' it. The page only needs to be run once to perform
the calculations so I shouldnt be making it run the calculations on
every request, as happens at the moment.

http://www.pool-predictions.co.uk/h...ers.asp?tab=a_d

Cheers...John

If the data doesn't change very often you can use the
Scripting.FileSystemObject to write the players list to an include file only
when it changes, and call that into your page. Or you could cache the html
string in the Application Object and again, only update it when the data
changes and call that into your page.

But you are right - that page takes a long time to load. What code are you
using to generate the players list? (With as little html as possible,
please).