How does a Personal Information Exchange Key function

thejamie

I have made an attempt to publish to a public domain using VS 2005. I have
an option for Trust or No Trust in the Publish section of the properties. I
chose trust and create a key (Personal Information Exchange). There are too
many variables for me to understand why I can publish to a site and go
through an installation and then reach the end where the actual exe file
should run only to have it display an XML page with information about my
certificate.

Anyone have an idea about what may be happening here?