How does Google show_ads.js work?

JohnSouth

Hi

I'm hoping to set up a system similar to Google Adwords that allows
other sites to extact a limited amount of data from my site, and
display it as part of their webpage. Google use a javascript file:
show_ads.js with parameters.

Can anyone explain how the .js file works? In particular how does it
output HTML back to the calling site, and how does it access the
parameters?

Cheers

John South
www.WhereCanWeGo.com

RiCaRdO

This doesn't really have anything to do with java.

JavaScript is a very different programming language from java, though
they do share some keywords and syntax elements.

To allow other sites to access some of your data, you could set up a
web service, or use an html IFRAME.

Not really sure what it is you're trying to achieve, but it may be
better to ask on a javascript group, rather than a java one..

Good luck

JohnSouth

Ops. My mistake.
This doesn't really have anything to do with java.

JavaScript is a very different programming language from java, though
they do share some keywords and syntax elements.

To allow other sites to access some of your data, you could set up a
web service, or use an html IFRAME.

Not really sure what it is you're trying to achieve, but it may be
better to ask on a javascript group, rather than a java one..

Good luck

jcsnippets.atspace.com

JohnSouth said:
Hi

I'm hoping to set up a system similar to Google Adwords that allows
other sites to extact a limited amount of data from my site, and
display it as part of their webpage. Google use a javascript file:
show_ads.js with parameters.

Can anyone explain how the .js file works? In particular how does it
output HTML back to the calling site, and how does it access the
parameters?

Ricardo already pointed out that this is the wrong group, Java and
JavaScript are not the same, although similar in name. Try posting this
message in comp.lang.javascript, I'm sure people can help you there.

As for your problem, you probably are looking for Ajax stuff - look it up in
Google, there are more resources about Ajax than you need.

Also, have you already downloaded the show_ads.js file? Have a look at it,
this will surely help.

Best of luck,

JayCee