    Likes Received:
    7
    Real answers please

    Thiefcom, Aug 3, 2017

    John Joe, Aug 4, 2017

    JohnyMay, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Thiefcom

    JohnyMay

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2018
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    1
    I thought Android is programmed with JAVA.
    Or there is a new language "android"?

    JohnyMay, Aug 7, 2018
  5. Thiefcom

    John Joe

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2017
    Messages:
    94
    Likes Received:
    14
    Location:
    Malaysia
    kotlin

    John Joe, Aug 12, 2018
    JohnyMay likes this.
  6. Thiefcom

    JohnyMay

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2018
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    1
    Thanks. This forum is nice space to improve ;)

    JohnyMay, Aug 13, 2018
    John Joe likes this.
  7. Thiefcom

    surfsup84

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2018
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    C++ and HTML.

    surfsup84, Sep 25, 2018
  8. Thiefcom

    neanderthal

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2018
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    1
    Android is an operating system, I believe written in Java, but do not hold me to that. If you wish to write for android, you generally do it on another computer loaded with Java. You write your code on your laptop or desktop and then export the code to your android device and see if it still works as well.

    There is an asterisk, though. BASIC! a/k/a rfoBasic, available for free at android app store, runs locally on your android device and allows you to write programs that run on your device. Pretty simple to lean and write structured code, Well documented, tons of examples, active community. Unless you are sure you cannot sacrifice object oriented code, this may be all the language you ever need.

    neanderthal, Sep 27, 2018
  9. Thiefcom

    neanderthal

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2018
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    1
    BASIC
    FORTRAN77, I think
    PASCAL
    Visual Basic
    JAVA
    Scratch
    BASIC! = rfoBasic

    have also messed around some with
    C++
    PDP11 assembler
    Squeak
    FORTH
    php

    neanderthal, Sep 27, 2018
  10. Thiefcom

    JasKinasis

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2018
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    /dev/null
    The short answer is LOTS!

    I love learning new programming languages. I started out with various dialects of BASIC and Z80 assembly on old 8-bit computers (Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, C64, BBC/Acorn etc.) when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I'm now a professional C/C++ programmer.

    Languages I use most often are:
    C,
    C++,
    Python,
    Java,
    Shellscripting (Unix/Linux/BSD using bash)

    Other languages I've used in the past:
    6502 Assembly
    X86 / X64 Assembly (with at&t and intel style syntax),
    Pascal / Delphi,
    ASP / ASP.net,
    C#,
    Visual Basic,
    Javascript (with the usual html and css ),
    PHP,
    Lua,
    Batch-scripting (Windows),
    Flash/Flex/Actionscript,
    Unreal engine-script,
    Lisp,
    Ladder Logic (for programming industrial PLC's),
    Several SQL-like database languages,
    Several bespoke, in-house scripting/macro languages (at previous jobs).
    There may be a few others that I've forgotten to include!

    Many of the languages in the above list are ones that I had to learn "on the fly" for projects at previous jobs (C#,VB etc). Others (like Pascal and 6502 assembly) were used even further back when I was at school/college. But I've been in my current (C++ only) job for almost 12 years now. So a lot of the above list have probably been completely purged from my brain!

    Misc:
    In recent years, I've toyed with a few novelty programming languages like:
    Chef - where programs are delicious recipes,
    Arnoldc - where programs are composed of Arnold Schwarzeneggar quotes,
    Lolcode - where programs are written using lolcat style leet-speak,
    Brainfuck - which does what it says on the tin.

    Not practical or productive programming languages. But it can be a fun challenge to try to code and debug even a simple program using them!

    Still learning:
    I'm currently trying to learn Ruby and Haskell - out of my own curiosity.
    I also have Erlang, R, Rust, Scala, Clojure and Go on my ever-growing TODO list.
    And I'm attempting to teach my kids to code using Scratch and PythonTurtle.

    JasKinasis, Oct 8, 2018