How prevent users from using BACK button in ASP.net?

COHENMARVIN

I'm writing a database application in asp.net, and I'm worried that the
users will sometimes click the BACK button in their browser, thus
making some pages re-execute, and possibly messing up the databases.
How can this be prevented? Can I prevent prior pages from being cached
by the browser, so that the user has to click on REFRESH to see the
page again? If I can do that, I would force the prior page to
re-execute, and maybe that would be good because I could test for some
session variable that holds the most recent page seen. This might tell
the page whether it is being reached by the Back button or not. So
basically I have 2 questions, how to prevent browser caching, and how
to prevent the BACK button from causing trouble.
Thanks,
CohenMarvin

Curt_C [MVP]

basically I have 2 questions, how to prevent browser caching, and how
what have you tried do far? There are differnet setting to expire the
page, etc...have you tried any of them so far?
to prevent the BACK button from causing trouble.
You dont... you adjust accordingly.