    Dear all,

    Please help me to set the scroll bar to be a specific color, thanks

    Simon

    simon lee, Nov 28, 2003

  2. simon lee

    lallous Guest

    That is done via CSS and not Javascript AFAIK.

    lallous, Nov 28, 2003

  3. simon lee

    Frank Hoek Guest

    but still: try www.coffeecup.com
    they've got scrollbareditor somewhere amongst the free downloads

    Frank

    Frank Hoek, Nov 29, 2003
  4. simon lee

    Dante Guest

    You could do that with Javascript.
    Try this and experiment:
    <A HREF="#" onMouseOver="document.body.style.scrollbarBaseColor='green'">Change
    Color</A>

    Dante, Dec 2, 2003
  5. simon lee

    tom Guest

    Hi Simon,

    The scrollbar like every other control can be styled.
    Use scrollbar-face-color, scrollbar-arrow-color, scrollbar-highlight-color,
    .... there are many scrollbar properties.
    But this works only in internet explorer I heard.

    Sincerely
    Tom F.

    tom, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Not with CSS.
    It is a proprietary Microsoft extension to CSS, not standard. Opera 7
    has support for it too, but I believe it is turned off by default.

    /L

    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Dec 11, 2003
  7. And playing around with the scrollbar annoys quite a lot of people, so
    probably best left alone.

    Stephen Poley, Dec 11, 2003