how to clear buffer TRACE uses

dan655t

Hi Guys,
What I am trying to do is dump a bunch of information to my debug
window in visual studio 6 using TRACE. After about ~150 lines the
debug output stopps. I am doing this in a loop, so my assumption is
the buffer is being overrun and is being output to the debug window as
soon as it gets to the end of the loop. Here is similar sample code:

for (int i=0; i<num_of_fields; i++)
{
TRACE("*************** Table %i ***************\n",i);
TRACE("Field = %i\n",mTable.Field);
TRACE("Block = %i\n",mTable.Block);
TRACE("Offset = %i\n",mTable.Offset);
TRACE("Type = %i\n",mTable.Type);
/* FLUSH? */
}

Is there a way to flush this buffer? Or if I am not on the right track
with a buffer issue? Any advise be offered as to why not all of the
information is being dumpped to the debug window via TRACE?
Thanks.

Victor Bazarov

[..] Any advise be offered as to why not all
of the information is being dumpped to the debug window via TRACE?

You need to ask in a newsgroup where TRACE is on topic, like the one
dealing with your compiler or your OS. There is no "TRACE" in the
Standard C++, which makes your query off-topic, unfortunatlely. See
the FAQ for the list of recommended newsgroups.

dan655t

Victor said:
You need to ask in a newsgroup where TRACE is on topic, like the one
dealing with your compiler or your OS. See
the FAQ for the list of recommended newsgroups.

Could you please post a link to the FAQ or better yet suggest a group I
may post this message in?

If anybody else knows a solution, please feel free to reply.

Thanks.