how to clear buffer TRACE uses

Discussion in 'C++' started by dan655t, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. dan655t

    dan655t Guest

    Hi Guys,
    What I am trying to do is dump a bunch of information to my debug
    window in visual studio 6 using TRACE. After about ~150 lines the
    debug output stopps. I am doing this in a loop, so my assumption is
    the buffer is being overrun and is being output to the debug window as
    soon as it gets to the end of the loop. Here is similar sample code:

    for (int i=0; i<num_of_fields; i++)
    {
    TRACE("*************** Table %i ***************\n",i);
    TRACE("Field = %i\n",mTable.Field);
    TRACE("Block = %i\n",mTable.Block);
    TRACE("Offset = %i\n",mTable.Offset);
    TRACE("Type = %i\n",mTable.Type);
    /* FLUSH? */
    }

    Is there a way to flush this buffer? Or if I am not on the right track
    with a buffer issue? Any advise be offered as to why not all of the
    information is being dumpped to the debug window via TRACE?
    Thanks.

    dan655t, Oct 24, 2006

  2. You need to ask in a newsgroup where TRACE is on topic, like the one
    dealing with your compiler or your OS. There is no "TRACE" in the
    Standard C++, which makes your query off-topic, unfortunatlely. See
    the FAQ for the list of recommended newsgroups.

    Victor Bazarov, Oct 24, 2006

  3. dan655t

    dan655t Guest

    Could you please post a link to the FAQ or better yet suggest a group I
    may post this message in?

    If anybody else knows a solution, please feel free to reply.

    Thanks.

    dan655t, Oct 24, 2006
  4. Victor Bazarov, Oct 24, 2006