How to clip text in table cells

Ernst

How can I prevent text (comming from a database) to
clip (not wrapping) in a table cell if it is longer
than the width of the cell?

Ernst

Sybren Stuvel

Ernst enlightened us with:
How can I prevent text (comming from a database) to clip (not
wrapping) in a table cell if it is longer than the width of the
cell?

Give the table cell a proper width (because it can't calculate the
width from the contents any more if you're going to clip) and set
'overflow: hidden' in it's CSS style.

Sybren

brucie

In alt.html Ernst said:
How can I prevent text (comming from a database) to
clip (not wrapping) in a table cell if it is longer
than the width of the cell?

only suck out enough text from the db so the cell doesn't warp

Sybren Stuvel

brucie enlightened us with:
only suck out enough text from the db so the cell doesn't warp

That's hard, since you'll never know the font size for sure.

Sybren