How to create removable side menu?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Mart, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. Mart

    Mart Guest

    How to create side menu bar in C++ Builder?
    I mean something like panels on left hand side in Opera Internet
    Browser (after F4 pressed) or in Acrobat Reader.

    Now I have created project with two frames - left one is about 20%
    width of the screen and contains menu, the other one adjusts its
    width
    automatically (property align:alRight)
    When menu frame is totally visible everything is okay. When I press
    an
    image on menu frame (which behaves like button show/hide) in function
    onClick of this image I manually change property width of left, menu
    frame to 20pixels and the right frame adjusts its width automatically
    but the problem is that text in RichEdit (in right frame) does not
    fit
    all possible width, it still remains right margin about 20% of the
    page width so I need to manually refresh the text by selecting it all
    or by scrolling it down or something.
    I feel that it's not the best way to handle such menu bar, any idea
    how to do it?

    Mart, Jul 11, 2007

  2. * Mart:
    Off-topic. Please read the FAQ before posting.

    Alf P. Steinbach, Jul 11, 2007