How to: Display Details in Master-Detail DataGrid/DataList without Postback

dh

I'm wondering how implement a Master/Detail scenario in which a user
clicks on a parent record in DataGrid or DataList and expands that row
to display the child details for that record. I can do this, but it
requires Postbacks. I would like to accomplish this without an
annoying Postback page flicker.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Jinsong Liu

You can accomplish this by using JavaScript or HTC. But in most case
you want to using postback.

In order to avoid postback, you can use client side tech to hide the
data you don't want to show. but all of the data in your dataset need
to be send to the client, no matter they are currently displayed or
not. This means you may need to send thousands of records to the
client while only 10 or 20 are displayed.