How to export the excel values to crystal reports

nivas.meda

Hi ,

I am a dotnet developer.I am working on crystal reports.My requirement
is like this

I have an excel sheet with some values.I need to read the excel values
from excel sheet and need to show the values in crystal reports using
c#.what i can do for populating the excel values into crystal reports.

for getting the values from excel i worked following steps.

1.Go to solution explorer

2.add new item

3.select crystal report

4.I selected the option using the report export(standard from the
choose an expert)

5.I choosed "datbasefiles" folder in available data sources

6.i browse my xml sheet path and i assigned the field names

7.i created a windows form

8.i wrote following code in form load event

crystalReportsPractice.test t = new test();
crystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = t;
t.Close();

here test is my crystal report name

if i run the form now it is asking for username and password what i
need to give here.

otherwise is there any way to get the excel values and show it into
crystal reports using c#.

Thanks in advance

Elton Wang

One way is to get data from excel to a datatable, e.g. using
OleDbDataAdapter. Then bind the datatable to CR's data source.

HTH