How to generate random number between two numbers

Richard Bos

CBFalconer said:
Well, I suggest postponing worrying about speed until you find it
affects you. The system I recommended above is quite fast, but it
will occasionally take a few extra microsecs to prepare a new
batch. I have had no problems with it for many millions of calls.

IYAM a PRNG which normally is fast enough, but on occasion takes a
measureable time extra, is worse than one which is always only a little
slow, though I'm sure that for some purposes it would be better. I agree
with your point about timing it, though; nevertheless, I still think
that for the vast majority of people, the MT is overkill, and they'd be
better served with something simpler.

Richard