How to get the full signature of a delegate?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by news.microsoft.com, May 18, 2007.

  1. I need to get the full signature of a delagate in a string. Is this
    possible?

    In a control I have:

    public delegate void Button_Click(object sender, EventArgs e);

    public event Button_Click click;

    then I have:

    private void GetControlEvents(Control cControl)

    {

    EventInfo[] eventlist = cControl.GetType().GetEvents();

    foreach(EventInfo eventlst in eventlist)

    {

    string st = eventlst.EventHandlerType.Name

    In the above, variable st will have "Button_Click"

    ----------------------------

    WHAT I NEED

    ----------------------------

    I need to get in a string "void Button_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)"

    Evan Camilleri

    news.microsoft.com, May 18, 2007

  2. Kevin Spencer, May 18, 2007

  3. On May 18, 11:27 am, "news.microsoft.com" <>
    wrote:

    As shown in the docs for EventInfo.EventHandlerType, if you get the
    Invoke method of the delegate type, you can retrieve the parameter
    types and return type from that.

    Jon

    Jon Skeet [C# MVP], May 18, 2007