How to get the position of a control?

Guest

Following problem:

I have a site, that has a footer (a panel, with copyright information and so
on). Above the footer is of course the content, a other panel with text.

When the text of the content panel gets too long, it'll overlap with the
footer. How to solve that problem?

I tried to move the footer panel away, more to the bottom, if the
content-panel gets too much text.. but there isn't a member in the panel
control, with whom I can set the position.

The only thing I can think of now, is a ugly javascript hack, but of course
I want to avoid that.

Guest

Why are you hard-positoning it? Dont user GridLayout, use FlowLayout and let
it move automatically.

Guest

Well, I've set it now to FlowLayout, and I have the same problem.

Btw:

The panel with the content isn't really on the same aspx page, it's in a
usercontrol. I've tried to move the footer into the same user control, and
moved it directly under the content panel (usercontrol is on flowlayout), the
problem still exists. The content text in the content panel overlapps with
the footer panel if the text gets long enough.

Bruce Barker

changing to flow layout dooes not remove the positioning attributes that VS
has already placed on objects. remove them then use a table. you will
probably need nested tables to get your layout.

<-- header goes here -->

<-- page content goes here -->

<-- footer goes here -->

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)