How to hide the text in url?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dave Anderson

Me said:
I am passing the userid and password from one asp page to
another, how can I restrict it from displaying it on the
url?

Eg. http://mywebsite/employeeinformation.asp?variable=myname

If you do not want credentials in the querystring, do not put them there.

That leaves the rest of the request, including headers. None of these is an
especially great parking place for credentials unless you are using SSL.

The *simplest* solution is probably to use integrated Windows security.
Alternately, you could store credentials in session variables. Your question
is far to general to merit further comment.

Me

Thanks Bob,
-Me

Bob Barrows said:
Simple. don't pass sensitive information in the URL. Use the Session
object to preserve this information - no need to pass it from page to
page.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET