    The file could be any format but I like to keep it simple: ppm or raw.
    Can anyone give me a hint or a snippet how to do it?

    thanx ahead

    onionblossom, Jun 19, 2008

  2. onionblossom

    Jan Dvorak Guest

    It works the same way as in C or other languages, you need library (like
    RMagick/ImageMagick,SDL_image etc.) that decodes the image format to raw
    pixel data in memory (in ruby it's represented as string), then pass it to
    the opengl functions (glTexImage*).

    Jan

    Jan Dvorak, Jun 20, 2008

  3. onionblossom

    onionblossom Guest

    Thanx, I solved the problem by using the sdl library

    onionblossom, Jun 23, 2008