    the game room so I can manipulate it to make it easier to view?

    I'm an experienced software developer with no experience (yet) in Java.

    Thanks Much!

    casual_brouser, Sep 18, 2005

  2. casual_brouser

    Roedy Green Guest

    You need a packet sniffer to watch the traffic. You then need to mimic
    those messages. Presumably the gamesters do various things to make
    that difficult like change the rules from time to time.

    Roedy Green, Sep 18, 2005

  3. casual_brouser

    Chris Smith Guest

    What you're looking for is informally known as screen-scraping. It is a
    constant game of guess-work that relies on things staying the same.
    It's tough enough when the site is agreeable toward its happening.
    Online gaming sites are quite likely to be actively trying to prevent
    it, which will make screen scraping quite challenging indeed.

    The sheer difficulty of reliable screen-scraping was a driving force
    behind the advent of more machine-friendly formats such as XML on the
    web... but of course, that doesn't help you at all.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Sep 18, 2005
  4. Intercepting and detecting may be difficult. Have you considered
    alternative such as implementing a "look-and-feel" or a display library
    that meets your needs?

    You may have better luck getting online game rooms to support a
    visually-impaired-friendly interface than to tolerate anything that
    would allow automatic play.

    Patricia

    Patricia Shanahan, Sep 18, 2005
  5. casual_brouser