how to make html code not visible in firefox

dorayme

Bergamot said:
FWIW, I have JS disabled by default. I find most uses of JS to be
annoying rather than "engaging" or otherwise useful, so enable it only
when absolutely necessary. Ditto Flash.

But you will miss things, every now and then, when it is apt. Be
nice if one did not have to dive in to preferences to toggle this
on and off. Perhaps some browsers have this feature (like Opera
has a "show images/no images" icon button). I am impressed by
John Hosking's "web-beautification" point but not too keen for
people to miss out on my own superb uses for the occasional js
pop up facility.

John Hosking

dorayme said:
I am impressed by
John Hosking's "web-beautification" point but not too keen for
people to miss out on my own superb uses for the occasional js
pop up facility.

Yeah, we all want people to see *our* ads and astounding content, but we
don't want to be plagued and annoyed by others'.

dorayme

Joel Shepherd said:
So, a cat is a mammal, with specific attributes that not all mammals
have. Same for a llama. A cat is not a llama. But are you saying that a
cat is not a mammal?

No. Why would I say that? We need to distinguish between two
types of assessments of identity:

(1) 'That cat over there is my cat' is not pointing out 2 cats

(2) 'That cat over there is a mammal' is not denying that 'being
a cat' and 'being a mammal' are different properties.

Or, the point could be put differently:

i. One thing can have many properties.
ii. Two things can share many properties but not all.

If you want any expansion on this, do ask.
Well ... yeah. What of it?

Read the thread to see the reason... if you have tried and
failed, come back and I will help.

dorayme

Ed Seedhouse said:
You are splitting the world's finest hair! What you see in the browser
you will not see unless the page code is available to your computer.

Gimme a break....

I am so sorry Ed... but I can't quite let you go. Look, you have
a whole day to get Chrisy presents for tomorrow. Relax and listen
up:

I am not splitting any hairs, if someone wants their web pages to
appear but wish to hide the mark up, this is a perfectly
understandable and meaningful wish (misguided or not). I cannot
see what you find so hard about this idea. It has nothing to do
with whether it is effective in any way.

Perhaps an analogy will help. With Farmer Joe's permission, I use
other than cake making:

When your wife tells you to lock the front door before you leave,
you do not, I repeat, not answer back with "But dearest, whether
I do or do not is splitting hairs" You lock the damn door and
that is that. It is quite different to not locking it. It takes a
bit more inside knowledge or equipment (like a key) or cunning
and force to open it. Maybe not much. But the difference is not
the difference of the width of a strand of hair.

dorayme

dorayme said:
... but not too keen for
people to miss out on my own superb uses for the occasional js
pop up facility.

Oops! Sorry Sid, the 5 years is not up and I have yet boasted.

Ed Seedhouse

I am so sorry Ed... but I can't quite let you go. Look, you have
a whole day to get Chrisy presents for tomorrow. Relax and listen
up:

Well I'm letting you go, into my "ignore" filter. Bye.

Joe (GKF)

O dear? What have I said to so upset him?
I think he might be xenophobic. Some ETs are like that. Hang on - wrong
Ed! No wonder this thread got confusing.
No truth in the rumour that "Two 'eds are better than one" then. It's
all a bit like baking a cake when you have to swap out several
ingredients and change the quantities because you don't have enough
eggs, really. Or maybe not.

Oh - and we got 2mm of rain the other day. Scared the chooks.

dorayme

Joe (GKF) said:
dorayme Ed Seedhouse dorayme Ed Seedhouse dorayme Ed Seedhouse
dorayme Ed Seedhouse dorayme Ed Seedhouse dorayme Ed Seedhouse
dorayme Ed Seedhouse
I think he might be xenophobic. Some ETs are like that. Hang
on - wrong Ed! No wonder this thread got confusing. No truth
in the rumour that "Two 'eds are better than one" then. It's
all a bit like baking a cake when you have to swap out several
ingredients and change the quantities because you don't have
enough eggs, really. Or maybe not.

Oh - and we got 2mm of rain the other day. Scared the chooks.

There are 2 Ed's, yes, perhaps I forgot to address this one in
tones more appropriately dour and sombre (there is nothing more
embarrassing than acting the goat and realising one is
addressing a "very serious fellow").

Is an "ignore file" something like purgatory? Neither a killfile
nor a full admission? This sounds a bit interesting and I look
forward to trying to make out in it in 2007. If it is going to
be only temporary, I better not invest too much capital in it,
only to lose the refuge. Things I set up to make myself
comfortable in Purgatory are likely inappropriate for my
ultimate destination: Hell.

Still, his namesake (EM) is a cheerier earthling and that at
least is a cheerier thought this Xmas day. So:

Cheers!